Buronga – Day 3

A big storm started at about 8.00 pm last night and rain has continued pretty much through the day today.  We’re glad that we didn’t take the chance on finding a freecamp further along the road.

So basically we were caravan bound all day.  Ann took advantage of the situation to do a quick load of washing and drying and I shot down to Bunnings for a couple of things.  The ducks and swans in the park have had a great day!

While at the laundry, Ann found out that the massive noise we had heard in the middle of the night was actually a head on crash between a truck and a car on the bridge over the Murray River just next to the caravan park.  Apparently the bridge was closed for 4 hours, which wouldn’t have been much fun in the storm!

We are experiencing a bit of deja vu with the weather.  Last year we also started our 2012 adventure at Wangaratta in rotten weather and experienced rain until we got to Cobar (on a Saturday night).  That night was the annual Cobar rodeo which was actually cancelled due to the weather.  We must attract the rain!  However, our 2012 adventure worked out well in the end and hopefully the same will be the case this year.

At this stage we plan to leave here tomorrow, but exactly which direction we will go depends on the updated weather forecast.

Categories: 2013 Big Adventure | Tags:

Post navigation

Comments are closed.

Blog at WordPress.com.

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: